Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Varalakshmi Vratham 2016 / Varalakshmi Pooja / Varalakshmi Vratham


Though this post comes very late, I could not proceed without sharing this beautiful festival that we celebrated on August 12th, 2016. Like every year, I followed the same rituals since morning, getting better year by year with improvised planning. I was able to focus peacefully on prasadams, decorating the amman while listening to Sri lalitha sahasranamam.

This year, my daughter and son were also fortunate to enjoy this festival at home. I and my daughter performed the pooja and tied the yellow threads. We were showered with lots of fresh flowers from our own garden and also from Vivek Flowers.

For the whole day, we had been seeing more ladies for Thamboolam. Made good prasadams for the festival and served the guests too.

Prasadams for this year included Puliogare, Paramannam, Medhu vadai, Chickpeas Sundal, Vella Payasam.

Missed my mom's blessings this year.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...