Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Ganesha Chathurthi 2016 / Vinayaka Chathurthi 2016 / Vinayaka Chavithi 2016

Cute Ganesha made by my husband

Ganesha Chathurthi / Vinayaka Chathurthi 2016 was also celebrated in a grand manner at home this year.  As the Ganesha pooja and palavalli decoration is totally done by my husband every year, I am able to focus only on making yummy prasadams for Lord Ganesha. Since morning, all ganesha devotional songs would be filling the house. We all would be doing our chores listening to the songs.
My husband collected all the Pathris for ganesha pooja from our backyard garden with the help of my son. Then they started making the Palavalli with fruits. Meantime, my husband made his own ganesha from scratch using Rice flour, turmeric powder and sandol powder. His ganesha was set aside and was getting ready for his big pooja.

In the kitchen, I was making varieties of modaks, vadai, and other items in full swing. My only intention was to finish off all kitchen works before the actual pooja started. Finally I achieved that too. ( As my husband and kids more...time at the pooja place ).

We had a very long pooja for Lord Ganesha and my husband loved to recite the stories at the end. My kids got so hungry towards the end. This made me understand that if our stomach was not full, our mind was unable to think, focus on prayers. 

Finally, the pooja got over and we enjoyed the Prasadams.


Our Ganesha enjoying in our Palavalli and ready to eat the Prasadams.
 My Prasadams for this year included : 

  1. Undrallu
  2. Black Channa Sundal
  3. Medhu Vadai
  4. Puliogare
  5. Payasam
  6. Maha Neivedhyam
  7. Ulundhu Kozhakattai / Urad Dal Modak
  8. Sweet Modak / Thengai poornam Kozhakattai
  9. Pappaarthi / Dal Payasam with rice balls in it
  10. Palaarthi / Milk Based Payasam with rice balls in it.
  11. Vada Pappu,
  12. Panagam
  13. Dates

Prasadams for 2016 Ganesh Pooja


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...