Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Shrikand / Kesar Pista Shrikand / Healthy Shrikand - Using Greek Yogurt


Sweets / Desserts always make our soul happy and if its a healthy sweet, then a guilt free enjoyment would take us to heaven.  Shrikand sweet was first introduced to me by my husband and I started enjoying it very much. Instead of  our regular  curd / Yogurt, I substituted Greek Yogurt in my preparation ( as it has more protein value ) and its absolutely delicious. Amount of sugar is also very less..Above all, its a quick dessert which can be made at any time and enjoy with. 
Ingredients
Green Yogurt - 6  ( 20 oz pack - 2 .I used )
Cardamom Powder - 1 tbsp
Saffron soaked in warm water - 2 pinch.
Nutmeg Powder - 1 tsp
Honey - 3 tbsp
Crushed Pista - 1 cup
Sugar - 3/4 cup to 1 cup ( Add more if you like )
 Method
  • In a big mixing bowl, add all the ingredients one by one and blend them well. 
  • Transfer them into small serving bowls and chill them in refrigerator for few hours.
  • Enjoy this cool healthy dessert after a meal. 
Tips / Variations

Add more sugar to the Shrikand if you like more sweetness.

 

1 comment:

  1. my husband's favorite, Vidhya!
    Summertime Bliss!
    With Mangoes, it's AMARKHAND!
    vinatha.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...