Thursday, March 15, 2012

Karadaiyan Nombhu / Karadaiyan Nombu / Karadayan Nombu


Karadaiyan Nombhu / Savithri Vratham festival is celebrated by all married women in the state of TamilNadu. Married women generally observe fasting during this auspicious festival and pray for their husband's long life, good health and good relationship. They pray to Goddess Kamakshi on this day and offer Vella Adai ( Sweet ) and Uppu Adai ( Salt) and a cup of butter to the Goddess and finish their fasting. They tie a sacred yellow thread while chanting the mantra and even girls of all ages in the house will tie this sacred thread on this day. I started liking this festival since my childhood without knowing its significance as I liked the Prasadams very much.!!! After knowing the real purpose of doing this festival, lots of thoughts crossed my mind and many times I debate with my other self. Still I have not won the other side of myself and the war keeps going...( Sadly there is not a single festival celebrated for the wellness of the wife, her long life, etc.,by a husband or by any family members..!!). Well, I also did the pooja  and offered the prasadams to Goddess Kamakshi and prayed for my husband, parents, kids and for the whole family and thanked God for everything in life.

Happy Karadaiyan Nombu to all my dear blogger friends. 
For the Kadaiyan Nombhu recipes, click here...

Karadaiyan Nombu Adai

3 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...