Friday, March 8, 2013

Pumpkin Halwa / Parangikkai Halwa / Gummudukaya Halwa - Microwave Version


I dedicate this super tasty Pumpkin Halwa to all my dear friends and bloggers on "Women's Day". Heard about this Halwa from my friend Gai long back. Finally on women's day, I made this halwa for all of you.!!!
As she mentioned, its definitely difficult to identify its source if you taste a spoonful of halwa. Even my husband who is a great foodie could not identify the source and asked me whether it was Badam / Almond Halwa. Oh, that's a huge success to me!!! He could not believe that its made out of Pumpkin. Well, it tastes so good and because of this yummy dessert, I am forced to make a huge holiday meal just to balance the delicious dessert at the end. 

Happy Women's Day to all of you.

My Dear friends, take a break from your routine, life. Take a moment to enjoy your achievements in life. Take a moment to cherish the past good memories in your life. Take a moment to enjoy your dreams. Enjoy your women hood. 





Ingredients
Pumpkin Cubes - 3 Cups
Sugar - 1.5 Cups
Milk Powder / Mawa - 1 Cup
Saffron Strands - 1 pinch Generously.!!
Melted Ghee - 1 tbsp 
Not added any Cardamom Seeds as I wanted to enjoy the unique flavor of saffron.

Method 
  • Peel the Pumpkin Skin and cook them in the microwave till they get cooked perfectly.
  • In a big mixing microwave bowl ( preferably a big glass bowl ), add the mushy cooked pumpkin, mawa ( milk powder ), sugar and saffron strands into it. 
  • Mix them well and cook for totally 10-12 minutes in the microwave.
  • Take the bowl out after every 3 minutes and stir them well again. Continue the process till the halwa consistency is achieved. 
  • It took nearly 12 minutes for me to get that consistency in my microwave. The cooking time varies with microwaves and depends on its power level.
  • Add ghee just before 2 minutes and stir them well. You would notice the slight yellowish kesar colour halwa in the bowl with an excellent aroma of saffron. 

3 comments:

  1. Happy womens day Vidhya....
    thank you for wonderful pumpkin halwa


    Preetha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pakartukke supera irukku Vidhya. It took much longer when I made it on the stove. Will try the microwave version sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Vidhya (akka), am gonna try today..

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...